Digital measuring heads for different workpiece sizes and profiles
Using digital measuring heads, you can determine smooth or discontinuous outside diameters of your workpieces with maximum precision and without interference.
The digital measuring heads of the Movoline series reliably measure small, medium and large workpieces with smooth or discontinuous outside diameters. We can supply the right model for your individual measuring task. The different versions are suitable for in-process as well as pre- and post-process measurements, thus allowing you to check your components both during and directly after processing. In each case, the measured values are transmitted directly to the machine tool.
The measuring signals are converted into a digital signal directly in the measuring head, thereby preventing any falsification of the results. This in turn improves the quality of the measurements. The data is transferred digitally via modern CAN bus technology, which ensures that the measurements can be analyzed with great speed and reliability but without interference. The measuring heads feature a very compact and robust design to ensure that they function correctly even under harsh manufacturing conditions. Just a single cable is required to control all functions, such as the measuring signal and electric probe lifting. An optional crash protection system is also available, which prevents impact damage to the measuring heads, probe arms and workpieces.
- High-quality measurements: Measuring signals are converted into a digital signal directly in the measuring head.
- No interference: Data is transmitted digitally.
- Flexible application: Suitable for in-process as well as pre- and post-process measurements.
- Compact: All functions, such as sensor and electric probe lifting, are integrated in a single housing.
- Machine tool industry/grinding machines: Measurements of small, medium and large workpieces with smooth or discontinuous outside diameters.
- Automotive industry: The measuring heads are designed to meet the typical tolerance and performance requirements of the automotive industry.
Choose the right measuring head for your application
Movoline DM200: High-precision measuring head for grinding applications
The DM200 digital measuring head is particularly well suited for checking small workpieces with smooth surfaces – both in-process and post-process.
The digital measuring head has been developed specifically for grinding applications involving very small workpieces with narrow tolerances. It measures smooth surfaces with utmost precision and reliability, both before and after the grinding process. The measured data is transmitted digitally, this guaranteeing that results can be evaluated quickly, reliably and without interference.
Not only is the DM200 small and robust, but the entire measuring system is also extremely compact and can be connected with the measurement control system using a single CAN bus cable. You can also equip the measuring head with a system crash protection, which prevents impact damage to the measuring head, probe arms and workpiece. This in turn reduces machine downtime as well as the rejection of parts.
- High-precision: measures even the smallest workpieces with great accuracy
- Reliable: digital data transfer
- Maximum protection: crash protection prevents damage in the case of impact
- Compact: all components can be integrated in a single housing
Movoline DM205: High-precision measuring head for small components with smooth and discontinuous surfaces
The DM205 digital measuring head is the ideal tool for determining smooth or discontinuous outside diameters of particularly small workpieces.
The Movoline DM205 digital measuring head is extremely flexible and can be used for both in-process and post-process measurements. It was developed specifically for grinding applications that require you to measure the outside diameter of very small workpieces. The DM205 checks both discontinuous and smooth surfaces with maximum precision.
The measuring head is extremely robust, making it ideal for use under rough manufacturing conditions. You can also equip it with a crash protection system, which provides impact protection for your metrology and machine tools. This in turn prevents machine downtime and rejection of parts.
The measured data is transmitted digitally, thus guaranteeing interference-free, reliable and rapid transfer of the results. All functions of the measuring system are controlled via a single CAN bus cable. The device can thus be built in a particularly compact design.
- No interference: Measured values are transmitted digitally.
- Simple installation and operation: All functions are controlled via a single connecting cable.
- Flexible application: Suitable for in-process and post-process measurements.
- Special protection: Crash protection system for measuring head and workpiece.
Movoline DM400: Digital measuring head for measuring smooth outside diameters
The DM400 digital measuring head enables you to check the quality of your workpieces during production.
The Movoline DM400 digital measuring head determines the outside diameter of smooth surfaces with high precision. The device was developed specifically for medium and large workpieces in large-scale production. The diameter of the components can range from 5 to 80 mm. The measuring head can be used both for final quality control at the end of the production process and for measurements directly during production.
The DM400 is extremely compact and robust and can easily be enclosed in a single housing. This ensures a high level of mechanical and thermal stability. As an additional safeguard for the measuring head, probe arms and workpiece, you can also equip the measuring head with a crash protection system. This prevents any damage to the component or machine in the case of impact. The digital data transmission is interference-free and absolutely reliable, thus ensuring consistently high measurement accuracy.
- High precision: Guarantees the high quality of your components.
- No interference: Measured data is transferred digitally thus eliminating interference and maximizing reliability.
- Crash protection system: Protects metrology and workpiece against damage.
- Compact: Suitable for use in production.
- Simple installation: Control electronics connected via a single cable.
Movoline DM405: Digital measuring head for medium and large workpieces
You can use the DM405 digital measuring head both directly during the manufacturing process and during quality control at the end of production.
The digital measuring head allows you determine the outside diameter of smooth and discontinuous workpiece surfaces. The DM405 was developed specifically for medium and large components in large-scale production. All functions of the measuring head can be integrated in a single housing.
This not only facilitates installation and maintenance but also guarantees a high level of mechanical and thermal stability.
The measuring head is also extremely robust and is able to withstand even the harshest conditions in tough industrial production environments. You can also equip the measuring head with an optional crash protection system, which offers effective impact protection for the measuring head, probe arms and workpiece. This prevents any downtimes of the grinding machine and interruptions to your production.
The measuring head is suitable for universal application and checks workpieces with diameters of 5 to 80 mm. The DM405 can be used both for in-process and post-process measurements. The measurement results are transmitted digitally, meaning that the data transfer can take place without interference, and independently of the line length. A single CAN bus cable is sufficient to operate the measuring head.
- Reliable: digital data transfer
- Universal application: suitable for in-process and post-process measurements
- Stable: install the entire measuring system in a single housing
- Damage protection: crash protection system for measuring head, probe arms and workpiece
Movoline DP200: Digital measuring head for axial positioning
The DP200 digital measuring head measures the outside diameter of workpieces with utmost reliability and maximum precision.
The Movoline DP200 is a digital measuring head for smooth or discontinuous surfaces. It is an ideal tool for axial positioning. An optional crash protection system offers effective damage protection for the measuring head, probe arm and workpiece. If the probe arm is displaced following a collision, it can be easily re-positioned without the need for tools. The measuring head is extremely robust, making it ideal for use in the field of in-process metrology.
The measured data is transmitted via a BUS interface, thus ensuring secure and reliable data transfer. All measuring functions as well as the electric probe lifting are controlled via a single transmission cable. If necessary, you can connect two or more measuring heads to the same measuring probe input. This ensures flexible integration of the system into your existing metrology.
- Reliable: Data transmission via BUS interface.
- Flexible: Use of multiple DP200 measuring heads, for example, for length determination.
- Damage protection: Probe arm with crash protection system.
- Simple operation: Minimal installation effort.
Movoline DU200 digital measuring head: High-precision in-process measurement in small-batch production
The DU200 digital measuring head reliably controls the outside diameter of workpieces and can be quickly and easily adapted to different diameters.
The DU200 digital measuring head allows you determine outside diameters on smooth or discontinuous workpiece surfaces. You can use the device both for in-process and post-process measurement, depending on whether you measure your components directly during production or choose to verify the quality after the last production step.
The measuring head is equipped with a rotary knob, which allows you to quickly and easily adjust the DU200 to different diameter ranges without the need for tools. The measuring head is therefore ideal for working with a wide range of different parts as well as for frequent workpiece changes in small batch production. The data is transmitted via a digital bus interface, with all measuring and control functions connected via a single cable. This ensures reliable and interference-free measurements at all times. The digital measuring head is well protected against impact, making it ideally suited for use in rough industrial environments.
- Rapid workpiece changes: tool-free adjustment of measuring head
- Robust: measuring head with mechanical crash protection
- Reliable: transfer data without interference
- Minimal effort: just one connecting cable for all measuring and control functions